GENERAL ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
It is the policy of the Company to plan, conduct and monitor its operations using the best practicable means to protect the environment from impairment. The concepts of Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO) and duty of care will be implemented to establish high standards of operation in all of the Companies activities.
All management within the company's Health & Safety programme have the additional responsibility for ensuring the company's policy is implemented, monitored and modified in accordance with existing and future legislation.
- Assess in advance the environmental impact of any significant new development.
- Operate and maintain vehicles in a responsible manner providing the maximum practicable environmental protection.
- Respect any wildlife on the premises.
- Where possible, recycle waste and/or ensure of its proper disposal.
- Make available to employees, customers, the public and statutory authorities relevant information about the Company's activities that affect health, safety and the environment.
- Make all employees aware of our environmental policy, provide suitable training to improve environmental awareness and allocate clear responsibilities.
- Operate and update systems and procedures, as applicable, for our operations and their monitoring to ensure compliance with the policy.
- Produce an ongoing programme of specific environmental objectives and monitor the Company's progress.
COMPANY ENVIRONMENTAL STRATEGY
The company will, so far as it reasonably practicable:
- Record raw material and energy usage, wastes and emissions
- Seek opportunities to turn waste into profitable by-products or to recycle and explore the possibility of more effective and economic methods for waste disposal.
- Encourage employees to provide suggestions for improvement.
- Use a registered waste disposal company to dispose of waste to appropriate disposal sites.
- When using contractors, make sure they conform to the Company's standards/ regulations.
- Monitor performance and make sure there are regular reviews.
ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION PROGRAMME
Our environmental action programme determines the specific objectives for environmental control, providing guidelines for company personnel who have the responsibility for ensuring that the objectives are met.